Purple MathStudents should know the following each and every day
1. What am I learning today?
2. How does this connect to real life?
3. How do I know that I got it?
4. I can explain it to someone else to help them understand as well.
As a teacher
1. What do I expect them to learn today?
2. How will I know that they learned it?
3. What do I do when they don't get it?
Today is about teaching and answering questions #2 and #3. Yesterday when doing close reading about the mean, median, mode, and range students struggled. So today we extended the practice to make sure students fully understood.
Students refine their understanding about the mean, median, mode and range in their Math Journals.